«Эiler™ 3D» Software Package for 3D Geomechanical Modelling
«Эiler™ 3D» Software Package is a powerful tool for 3D geomechanical model development and evaluation, including three-dimensional static and dynamic modelling;
«Эiler™ 3D» Software Package is targeted at the optimal strategies for complex fields´ development. It allows a reliable prediction of geomechanical characteristics throughout the field under various drilling and reservoir stimulation scenarios for costs and production efficiency optimization.
Static Geomechanical Model is built at the stage of the field exploration and development.
Static Geomechanical Modelling enables to:
- Сreate a 3D geomechanical properties model of the sedimentary cover;
- Build a model of the stress-strain state of the sedimentary cover;
- Provide geomechanical parameters for 1D modelling of:
- Assess the fault stability;
- Assess the viscous and plastic rock behavior.
Based on the Static Geomechanical Modelling, recommendations can be provided on:
- Well engineering and hydraulic fracturing (well construction designing);
- Trouble-free drilling of projected exploratory and prospecting wells (wellbore and mud properties optimization for maximum safety, performance and stability);
- Vertical and/or directional wells research programs in terms of geomechanical modelling;
- Logging and mudlogging complex of geomechanical support during drilling.
Input data for the Static Geomechanical Modelling include:
- geological model of the field, including a full set of structural surfaces and faults within the sedimentary cover of the field;
- results of seismic data processing and interpretation;
- results of laboratory study and logging data;
- 1D geomechanical models.
Dynamic Geomechanical Model of the field allows for the stress-strain state monitoring and detecting changes in reservoir rock permeability and man-caused or environmental risks, as well as predicting changes in the elastic and acoustic parameters of the section or perforation channel sloughing.
In the course of field development, Dynamic Geomechanical Model is used
to assess the risks of:
- production string discontinuity induced by stress change,
- seal damaging,
- man-made earthquakes, fracturing or groundwater pollution,
- faults reactivation,
- potential surface subsidence,
- solids (sand) production,
and for Hydraulic fracturing parameters determination.
«Эiler™ 3D» Software Package provides environment for Coupled Geomechanical and Hydrodynamic modelling of the field development.
Coupled Geomechanical (GM) and Hydrodynamic (HD) model enables to:
- evaluate the in situ stress within the field during its exploitation;
- estimate reservoir rock deformation and the induced change in permeability;
- predict the in situ stress influence on reservoir pressures and flow-rates of producing wells;
- determine optimal and extreme production and injection ranges;
- provide recommendations for the hydraulic fracturing design;
- assess the risks of solids production;
- compute the maximum allowable pressure drawdown before the solids production.
The in situ stress state evaluation can significantly change the results of hydrodynamic modelling performed without geomechanical effects’ consideration.
Deformations can have both positive and negative effects during field development.
- Wellbore collapsing or casing integrity damage of production or injection wells, especially at the advanced stages of field development;
- Technogenic microseismicity;
- Surface subsidence and damage of underground and surface infrastructure.
- Change in reservoir permeability may result in significant recoverable reserves growth.
Understanding the negative geomechanical effects in the course of development planning, through coupled geomechanical and hydrodynamic modelling, helps to partially prevent the mentioned risks, or to plan the necessary corrective actions.
«Эiler™ 3D» software package provides the following tools and technologies:
- Import tools for:
- Well data (lab and log data),
- Field geological model (grids, faults, structural surfaces, maps),
- Seismic data processing and interpretation results;
- Export tools for:
- Direct uploading of 3D model data parameters to 1D model by assigned track,
- Seismic cubes uploading into compatible file format;
- Structured and unstructured computational grid generator with adaptation to structural surfaces and faults;
- Grid editor;
- Surface from grid generator;
- High -power 3D/4D model visualizer;
- Tools for statistical data processing;
- Module to distribute computed well properties onto a three-dimensional grid without loss of vertical resolution, using geostatistical methods and seismic cubes as a trend;
- Tools for petrophysical modelling, facies modelling and variogram analysis;
- Advanced cross-well interpolation module with by layers and lithotypes filtration;
- All-in –one calculator for 1D and 3D modelling, making possible the direct use in 3D models of 1D modelling correlations;
- In-house finite element geomechanical solver to compute:
- 3D models of elastic strength properties,
- stress-strain state models of the rock.
- In-house three-phase hydrodynamic blackoil solver;
- Module for coupled computation (CVFEM reservoir simulation, FEM geomechanics).
Geomechanical Solver Advantages:
- Advanced rheological rock model, with anisotropic nonlinear elasticity and a three-mode inelastic model (tension, shear and compaction) in one strength criterion;
- Visco-elastic-plastic computations allowing for correct reproduction of salt rock and sluffing shale deformation;
- Multiscale modelling support: from field to well, hydraulic fracture or perforation channel scale.
Module for Coupled Calculation Advantages:
- Coupled hydrodynamic and geomechanical calculations without data re-interpolation;
- Various coupling mechanisms:
- Weak/one-way coupling,
- Iterative coupling,
- Completely implicit coupling.
Calculations can be performed on a personal computer or a computing server (computing clusters) with shared memory (SMP or NUMA), using all the allocated computation and address space.
Extract from the certificate of Эiler™ Software Package registration
Minimum System Requirements:
Upon meeting below given requirements the Software Package will perform in full:
The product is run on: Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 PC of official assembly;
Computing core: Intel Core i5 or higher;
RAM:16 Gb or more;
Storage system: including local hard drive, or external Data Storage System (SSD) or storage networking using SMB or similar protocol with an access speed of at least 6 Gbs;
Free space in storage system of 500 Mb for software package files, 1 Tb or more for project files, depending on computational grid the dimension and resolution;
Graphic subsystem: not lower than Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 with OpenGL support and video memory of at least 4G, depending on the computational grid dimension and resolution;
Special requirements include write-access to the user's home directory for the software protected by local security key: open port 1947 and read-access to dedicated USB port.